What is there to do?
While you are visiting at Stockton Rise Country Retreat or Glencoe Cottage, make your stay an agricultural experience by booking in for a farm/taste tour of the local area. Patti can show you what crops are growing and you may be able to hand pick produce straight from the farm, depending on the season you visit. You will be able to take your produce home and cook it for dinner, adding it to other produce you will be able to purchase while staying in the area. Visit the Forest Hill Farm Stall to buy other produce not available on the farm tour as well as chutneys and preserves to enhance your taste experience. As Patti and Tim mainly grow grain crops, add some of these to your cooking repertoire for something completely different.
Other activities on location:
- Fishing – see what you can catch in the large irrigation dam across the road. Bring your rod.
- Canoeing or swimming – also in the dam (bring your own canoes/kayaks/sail boat)
- Farm animals – visit the cattle herd on the property. See Tim and Patti regarding this
- Farm Tour – arrange this on booking ($25 per adult guest ($40 for non-staying visitors)
- Birdwatching – a renowned twitchers paradise, add to your list of birds spotted.
- Walks around the property including across the road to visit the large irrigation dam/lake
- Special photo opportunities around the property
- Explore the Lockyer Valley – Visit the local attractions—Lake Dyer, Schultz’s Lookout, markets, local cafes and gift shops as well as touring the farming areas of the Lockyer Valley and sampling local fresh produce. Self drive tours or guided farm tour drives can be arranged.
You may want to come to Stockton Rise and do nothing more than lift a glass of wine whilst reading a good book; but you may just want to enjoy some of these adventures.